- A reference guide easy to use
- Net unobstructed opening
- Specification guidelines for engineering designs
Specification guidelines for engineering designs
A) Specify quantity and size
- Supply ..... access door(s) having an unobstructed opening
of ..... mm in length by ..... mm in width
B) Specify the number of leaves
- This door shall have one leaf
- This door shall have two leaves with a face-to-face opening
- This door shall have ..... leaves that shall open on a
of series (015, 020, 050, 125, 250)
C) Leaf specification
- The leaf shall be of AL ..... SS ..... GS ..... and the surface
finish shall be plain LI ..... antiskid diamond pattern LZ .....
grating (series 050) CA .....
D) Frame specification
- The frame shall be series 1000 ..... 2000 ..... 3000 .....
and be fabricated of AL ..... SS ..... GS ..... . It shall have
a plant applied bituminous covering to prevent chemical reactions with the concrete or masonry.
E) Frame specification for drains
- The frame series 2000 shall have a drain opening of
38 mm (1.5") in diameter for a Vertical ..... or
Horizontal ..... drain connection.
F) Opening mechanism specification
- Hinges shall do the leaf articulation and the hinge design
shall allow a 90° leaf opening without hindering the
- The leaf is maintained in the open position by an automatic
locking lever arm. The locking arm is easily unlocked
- The oil filled cylinder shock absorber is pressurized with
nitrogen and is designed to assist the opening mechanism
limiting the lifting force to a maximum of 22kg (50 pds).
G) Seal specification
- Watertight seals type A ..... B ..... D ..... E ..... shall be installed between the frame and the leaf of the
H) Insulation specification
- The leaf for series 1000 and 2000 shall be insulated
by 50mm Airmetic or equal sprayed polyurethane.
The insulation shall be left bare or protected with wire
mesh or a plate.
- The leaf and the frame of series 3000 will be insulated
with a foil-faced polyisocyanurate foam sheathing
of 50mm with insulation factor R14
I) Latch specification
- The access door shall have an automatic latching system
having a permanently installed operating handle on the
inside and a removable operating handle on the outside.
- For the 2000 series only, an integral lockable hasp shall
supplied permitting the installation of a customer-supplied
padlock. The hasp shall be the PTL020 model and will be
welded to the frame of the access door.
J) Access door generic specification
- The access door shall be PRETAL model PTL ..... with one
or many leaves and the size specified on the plans.